Plan your exciting trip with us. We have our travel buddies to help you out!
Renowned For Fares
Having the most economical and fit-in-budget trips is the priority of the majority of passengers.
Southwest Airlines is one of the best airlines in the United States largely known to be the world’s cheapest carrier headquartered in Dallas and Texas.
Let’s have a deep look into the various services it provides.
What is Southwest Airlines’ check-in policy?
There are different modes of check-in provided by Southwest Airlines:
- Airport Check-in
- Early Bird Check-in
- Curbside Check-in
- Online Check-in
- Automatic Check-in
- Kiosk Check-in
- Other Ways
Let’s consider each of them one by one-
- Airport Check-in:
Checking in at the airport is the most conservative mode of check-in. While opting for airport check-in, one is debarred from the other means of check-in if –
- he/she is traveling with a pet.
- he/she is carrying paper tickets.
- he/she is traveling with an unaccompanied minor.
- he/she is traveling with infants.
- he/she is commuting on a military fare.
- Early Bird Check-in:
Many amenities are provided by Southwest Airlines under an early-bird check-in strategy. The ones who want to opt for the early bird check-in scheme are supposed to make an additional payment that would vary as per the type of flight and journey they have booked.
Follow the given requisites to avail of the service of early bird check-in-
- Use of a credit card is a must to check in before 24 hours of departure. This lets you take up your favorite seat.
- Visit the website or you may even check in over the phone.
One needs to note that the fee paid for early bird check-in is non-refundable in any case.
- Curbside Check-in:
At times when a passenger has not undergone the check-in 24 hours before the departure of the flight, in such a case Southwest Airlines allows its passengers to check in 1 to 3 hours before the departure of the flight through a curbside check-in facility.
To avail of the service of curbside check-in, one needs to carry a photo ID along with the reservation code with themselves.
- Online Check-in:
We are in an era where online services are considered to be more convenient as compared to offline services.
Passengers can reserve their tickets and check in online via internet connectivity.
The check-in should be done within 24 hours of the departure of the flight.
Such passengers can gather their boarding passes upon reaching the airport.
One should be available for boarding at least 30 minutes before the departure of the flight and should be present at the gate at least 10 minutes before such departure.
- Automatic Check-in:
One availing of the automatic check-in services of Southwest Airlines needs to check in 36 hours before the scheduled departure.
The pre-requisite of this service is to collect the boarding pass 24 hours before the departure, make use of the self-service portal, and be present at the boarding positions 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- Kiosk Check-in:
Kiosk check-in is an all-pervasive facility provided at every airport covered under Southwest Airlines. Anybody who wants to opt for Kiosk check-in can avail of it easily just by providing the allotted number or the Rapid Rewards number.
It is to be noted that passengers traveling with their pets and military staff passengers are debarred from availing of Kiosk check-in services.
- Other Services:
For ease of passengers, they are allowed to check in using a mobile facility using Southwest Mobile Application and are even allowed to utilize the ticket counter for the same.
What is the baggage policy of Southwest Airlines?
Usually, in other airlines, checked baggage is allowed on extra payment. However, Southwest Airlines is considered to be the best when it comes to baggage allowances as passengers of Southwest Airlines are allowed to carry their first two checked bags free on the flight subject to the following-
- Bag should not weigh more than 50 pounds and 60 inches integrated size (length, width, and height).
- Bags over two are chargeable at a nominal cost.
- Skies and golf bags are allowed a free flight.
- Surfboards are allowed a free flight in Hawaii.
- Any excess bag which is overweight or oversized is charged baggage charges along with oversized/overweight charges.
- Any of the baggage limitations regarding its number or size or weight does not apply to an on-duty military personnel having a valid ID proof for the same.
How can you book Southwest Airlines?
Airline Booking Agent is your travel guide. Follow the given steps for easy booking of your flights:
- Visit the official website of the Airline Booking Agent.
- Access the flight reservation tab.
- Search for Southwest flights.
- Enter the departure city.
- Enter the destination city.
- Mention the date of travel.
- Write down the time details.
- Select the flight types and fare types.
- Enter your personal information along with your passport details.
- Proceed to make the final payment for confirming your bookings.
- On making the payment you will receive the confirmation number along with the payment bill.
Source URL: – Click Here